Hurczyn and Vincent fill the front row at St. Petersburg
09 March 2019
FCP Euro teammates Michael Hurczyn and Nate Vincent set the two fastest laps in the TC America Qualifying session at St. Petersburg. Their Volkswagen Golf GTI cars will fill the front row of the grid for the series’ third round.
The eEuroparts.com ROWE Racing Audi RS 3 LMS of Bryan Putt and the Risi Competizione Alfa Romeo Giulietta of James Walker will share the second row.
All drivers were very cautious during the first part of the session on Florida’s tricky street circuit, but lap times improved dramatically in the final moments.
Hurczyn claimed the pole positions with a lap of 1:20.838, beating Vincent’s provisional fastest time of 1:21.405. Eventually the latter was able to improve, but his time of 1:21.970 was not enough to demote his teammate.
Walker set a provisional third fastest lap of 1:21.702, however Putt managed to go faster on his final attempt, clocking a 1:21.543 that will place him third on the grid and first of the DSG Cup. The fight for the pole position in the class reserved for the cars fitted with DSG gearbox also involved Jay Salinsky and Christian Cole who provisionally topped the list and finally qualified fifth and sixth respectively.
The first race will start at 17:25 local time (23:25 CET) on the distance of 40 minutes; live streaming at www.tcr-series.com and www.tcr-series.tv.
TC America – Qualifying
1. 1:20.838 – Michael Hurczyn (FCP Euro, Volkswagen Golf GTI)
2. 1:20.970 – Nate Vincent (FCP Euro, Volkswagen Golf GTI)
3. 1:21.543 – Bryan Putt (eEuroparts.com ROWE Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS DSG)
4. 1:21.702 – James Walker (Risi Competizione, Alfa Romeo Giulietta)
5. 1:22.267 – Jay Salinsky (RS Werkes Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS DSG)
6. 1:22.270 – Christian Cole (McCann Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS DSG)
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
World Sporting Consulting LTD 22 Eastcheap, 2nd Floor London EC3M 1EU - United Kingdom