NILZZ Racing’s Keiichi Inoue inherited victory in TCR Japan’s Saturday’s race at Fuji.
Inoue’s Audi RS 3 LMS had crossed the finishing line in third position behind the Birth Racing Project CUPRA of ‘Hirobon’ and the other Audi of Hitotsuyama Racing’s Yuki Fujii.
However, after the race both ‘Hirobon’ and Fujii were given 30-second penalties for jump-start and so were dropped to eighth and ninth.
This handed the win to Inoue and promoted Jun Sato and Akihiko Nakaya to second and third respectively.
The second race is due to start tomorrow at 12:40 local time (05:40 CEST), with Fujii on pole position and ‘Hirobon’ alongside him; live streaming at www.tcr-series.com.
Fuji – Race 1 amended
1. Keiichi Inoue (NILZZ Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS), 12 laps
2. Jun Sato (Adenau IDI, Volkswagen Golf GTI), 1.328
3. Akihiko Nakaya (DOME Racing, Honda Civic Type R FK8), 2.654
4. Naoto Takeda (Team DreamDrive with KCMG, Honda Civic Type R FK8), 2.965
5. Mineki Okura (Team Stile Corse, Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce), 3.562
Championship points – Saturday series
1. Keiichi Inoue 28 pts; 2. Jun Sato 20; 3. Akihiko Nakaya 15
Picture: TCR Japan
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
WSC WORLD SPORTING CONSULTING LIMITED 10 Philpot Lane, First Floor London EC3M 8AA - United Kingdom