Maiden victories in CER for Concepción and CDS Engineering
20 September 2021
The third event of the Campeonato de España Resistencia at Valencia resulted in maiden victories in the TCR class for Santiago Concepción and the pair of Mirco Van Nostrum-Álvaro Fontes.
On his maiden appearance in a racing car, the 17-year-old Concepción set pole position in Qualifying and won the first race at the wheel of his CUPRA run by PCR Sport. Concepción led from the start and for most of the 50-minute race put in a great fight with the RC2 Junior Team CUPRA Leon Competición of Rubén and Victor Fernández. When they retired with ten minutes left on the clock following a collision with a GT car, Concepción cruised to the end finishing one lap ahead of the CDS Engineering Audi shared by Van Nostrum and Fontes.
In the second race, Fontes led until the pit-stop when he handed the Audi to Van Nostrum who continued battling with the Fernandez brothers and Concepción. Just like in the first race, the RC2 Junior Team CUPRA was eliminated by an incident during the final laps, while Concepción was forced to pit with a puncture. This launched the CDS Engineering pair towards their first win in the series, while Vicente Dasi and Josep Parera inherited second place in their PCR Sport CUPRA Leon Competición.
The next event of the series will be at Jerez de la Frontera, 2/3 October.
Valencia – Race 1
1. S. Concepción (PCR Sport, CUPRA), 27 laps
2. A. Fontes/M. van Nostrum (CDS Engineering, Audi RS 3 LMS), 1 lap
3. V. Dasi/J. Parera (PCR Sport, CUPRA Leon Competición), 1 lap
Valencia – Race 2
1. A. Fontes/M. van Nostrum (CDS Engineering, Audi RS 3 LMS), 28 laps
2. V. Dasi/J. Parera (PCR Sport, CUPRA Leon Competición), 1 lap
3. S. Concepción (PCR Sport, CUPRA), 1 lap
1. R. Hernández 180 pts; 2. F. Fernández 156; 3. A. Fontes/M. van Nostrum 144
Picture: Carlos Casimiro
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
WSC WORLD SPORTING CONSULTING LIMITED 10 Philpot Lane, First Floor London EC3M 8AA - United Kingdom