Proczyk inherits victory as Bury gets a 30-second penalty
17 October 2020
A 30-second penalty imposed on Antti Buri, demoted the Finn from first to fifth in TCR Germany’s Race 1 at the Red Bull Ring.
During the two final laps of the race, Harald Proczyk had closed in on Buri when Günther Benninger’s CUPRA went off and remained stranded in the gravel trap, prompting the yellow flag. Committed to defend his lead, Buri set his fastest time while the yellow flag was waved, and this resulted in the penalty that handed the victory to Proczyk and promoted Mitchell Cheah and Patrick Simon to second and third.
As far as the standings are concerned, Proczyk’s leading margin has increased to 11 points over Dominik Fugel, while Buri slipped down from second to third, with a gap of 24 points.
Race 2 will start at 11:35 on Sunday (CEST), live streaming at www.tcr-series.com.
Race 1 amended
1. Harald Proczyk (HP Racing International, Hyundai i30 N), 20 laps
2. Mitchell Cheah (Engstler Motorsport, Hyundai i30 N), 9.086
3. Patrick Simon (Engstler Motorsport, Hyundai i30 N), 12.185
4. Jan Seyffert (HP Racing International, Hyundai i30 N), 16.773
5. Antti Buri (Engstler Motorsport, Hyundai i30 N), 29.105
1. Harald Proczyk 157 pts; 2. Dominik Fugel 146 3. Antti Buri 133
Picture: ADAC Motorsport
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
WSC WORLD SPORTING CONSULTING LIMITED 10 Philpot Lane, First Floor London EC3M 8AA - United Kingdom