Nicolai Sylvest claimed his and LM Racing’s maiden TCR Denmark victory in the second race at Jyllandsringen, but then Kasper H. Jensen encored in Race 3, scoring his second win of the day and emerging as the first leader in the series’ inaugural season.
At the stat of Race 2, Jacob Mathiassen made good use of the pole position on the reversed grid to take the lead until the safety car was deployed when Kenn Bach stopped with a broken suspension. At the restart, Sylvest stole the lead from Mathiassen before a second safety car intervention following an incident between Michelle Gatting and Allan Kristensen. In the meantime, Jan Magnussen was given a drive through for track limits and dropped from third to fourth behind Jensen. And so they finished, with Sylvest taking the chequered flag inches ahead of Mathiassen and Jensen.
At the start of Race 3, Jensen sprinted from the pole ahead of Sylvest, while Martin Andersen was given a drive through for jump-start. The leading duo pulled away and behind them there was a close fight for third between Mathiassen and Magnussen, until the latter retired with a technical issue in lap 9. Jensen won from Sylvest, Mathiassen and the recovering Andersen who overtook Michael Markussen in the dying moments of the race.
TCR Denmark will return to Jyllandsringen on September 12 and 13, for two consecutive race meetings that will feature a total of six races.
1. Nicolai Sylvest (LM Racing, Volkswagen Golf GTI), 12 laps
2. Jacob Mathiassen (Insight Racing, Alfa Romeo Giulietta), 1.156
3. Kasper H. Jensen (Massive Motorsport, Honda Civic Type R), 1.605
4. Jan Magnussen (LM Racing, Volkswagen Golf GTI), 2.612
5. Michael Markussen (Markussen Racing, Peugeot 308), 3.488
1. Kasper H. Jensen (Massive Motorsport, Honda Civic Type R), 14 laps
2. Nicolai Sylvest (LM Racing, Volkswagen Golf GTI), 1.327
3. Jacob Mathiassen (Insight Racing, Alfa Romeo Giulietta), 13.438
4. Martin Andersen (Andersen Motorsport, Hyundai i30 N), 15.618
5. Michael Markussen (Markussen Racing, Peugeot 308), 20.473
1. K.H. Jensen 67 pts; 2. N. Sylvest 58 pts; 3. J. Mathiassen 48 pts
Picture: TCR Denmark
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
WSC WORLD SPORTING CONSULTING LIMITED 10 Philpot Lane, First Floor London EC3M 8AA - United Kingdom